"And Joseph remembered the dreams that he had dreamed of them (his brothers)." Genesis 42:9 ESV
Jesus, thank you for the ongoing dreams I have.
Thank you for fulfilling so many I have had. I want to continue to be a dreamer for your honor and glory! Help me to never forget or give up on the dreams you have planted in my heart!
I mentioned some time ago that I would not like to have this on my gravestone, “Here lies Dave Kraft…he was both stupid and rude,” taken from Proverber 18:13 in The Message.
But I would like to have, “Here lies Dave Kraft…he was a dreamer.”
Here are some thoughts about dreaming:
- You may have stopped dreaming because you feel your dreams are too small
- You may have stopped dreaming because you feel your dreams are too big
- You may have stopped dreaming because people have rained negatively on your dream parade
- You may stopped dreaming because you see your gifts and capacity as too small
- You may have stopped dreaming because you see your sin and shortcomings as bigger than the God who encourages you to dream
- “Most people go to their graves with their music still inside them.” Oliver Wendell Holmes. I don’t want to be that person and I am assuming you don’t either
- Have you quit dreaming? Have you given up on the dream God gave you in the past?
- Our God is still the God of the impossible, the unlikely, the improbable & the unthinkable…dream BIG!
Here is Sir Francis Drake's prayer before circumnavigating the globe:
Disturb us, Lord, when we are too pleased with ourselves. When our dreams have come true because we dreamed too little. When we arrived safely because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when with the abundance of things we possess we have lost our thirst for the waters of life. Having fallen in love with life, we have ceased to dream of eternity and, in our efforts to build a new earth we have allowed our vision of the new heaven to dim.
Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly, to venture on wilder seas where storms will show your mastery; where losing sight of land, we shall find the stars. We ask you to push back the horizons of our hopes; and to push back the future in strength, courage, hope and love.
This we ask in the name of our Captain who is Jesus Christ.