Most every leader I know or read about would agree that humility is very important. Jesus certainly emphasized it in the training of the disciples.
But at the same time, humility is greatly misunderstood. Here is Kris Vallotton with some excellent insights on what humility can look like in practice!
Originally posted by Kris Vallotton
Fifteen Keys for Remaining Humble
Jesus actually encourages us into greatness by showing us how to attain it: by humbling ourselves. So how do we live out the tension of being rewarded while remaining humble?
Here are 15 attributes of humility
1. We must remain teachable.
2. We have to be influenceable.
3. We have to be able to receive correction without defending ourselves.
4. We must rejoice when others are celebrated.
5. No job can be too small for us.
6. We don’t have to always be right.
7. We should naturally seek the advice of others.
8. We actually do pray and not just talk about it.
9. We must freely admit our flaws, mistakes and failures.
10. We have to live to help others succeed.
11. We cannot be easily offended.
12. We have to have a thankful attitude.
13. We must refuse to live with a sense of entitlement, thinking someone owes us something.
14. We have to be quick to forgive and not hold grudges.
15. We have to be confident in who we are and content with who we are not.