The Paradoxical Commandments
People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered. Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway
If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for the a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.Give the world the best you have anyway.
~Dr. Kent M. Keith
Here are a few more I thought of:
- People might criticize/hate you if you take a stand on a controversial issue. Take a stand anyway.
- People might misunderstand/misrepresent you if you try to speak the truth. Speak the truth anyway.
- People might reject the new ideas you present. Present them anyway.
- People might say what you are doing isn’t really going to make a difference. Do it anyway.
- Friends might reject you if you lovingly confront them. Confront them anyway.
“There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?” ~Robert Kennedy
Yes, why not? Why not be yourself? Why not go out on a limb and try something new or different? Why not do something that everyone said is impossible? Why not make a fool of yourself and have a good laugh at yourself?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” ~Mark Twain
Quit worrying about what everyone is thinking about you. They’re not thinking about you at all because they’re too busy thinking about themselves!
How about being politically incorrect for the gospel? Jesus was!