Many people I know and coach are often running on empty, leading on empty. Exhaustion and near burnout has become the new normal and a way of life for lots of people.
Here is a list of some very practical things you can do to:
- Refresh yourself
- Replenish yourself
- Refuel yourself
- Refill yourself
+I have especially profited from practicing number(s) 6, 7, 10 & 18
Originally posted by Michael Hyatt
“Forty-Four Actions You Can Take Now to Boost Your Energy”
Too often, we seem to accept the fact that our energy level is what it is. It’s beyond our control. Not true. Like most things in life, we have more control than we think.
Recently, just for the fun of it, I started making a list of all the things that energize me. I started out with a list of 10. Then it grew to 20, 30, then 40, and now, 44. But I am certain I have only just begun.
These are in no particular order:
- Take Vitamins.
- Lose weight.
- Organize your desk.
- Eat lean.
- Get 7–8 hours of sleep a night.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Take naps.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Use a sun lamp.
- Exercise regularly.
- Stop watching or reading the news.
- Avoid negative people.
- Surround yourself with high-energy people.
- Walk faster.
- Decide to be energetic.
- Learn a new joke and tell it to someone.
- Read or watch something inspiring.
- Avoid sugar and white carbs (potatoes, bread, etc.)
- Reconcile with an estranged family member or friend.
- Go to church.
- Sing old TV theme songs with friends.
- Listen to music that moves you.
- Get outside.
- Breathe more deeply.
- Read the Bible.
- Relax your body.
- Cancel unproductive meetings.
- Plan a vacation.
- Experience art.
- Stop complaining.
- Be grateful.
- Pay someone a compliment.
- Give money to a good cause.
- Lighten someone else’s load.
- Travel with less stuff.
- Clean out your closet.
- Have dinner with a friend and be fully present.
- Take a shower.
- Get a massage.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Get lost in a great story.
- Make a list of why you are doing what you are doing.
- Dream about what is possible.