Posted on August 20 by Ron Edmondson on his blog
Recently someone came to me for advice in starting a new position. He wanted to know how he could set himself apart and make himself a valuable team member. I loved the question. It shows intentionality and purpose. I decided not to give him just a few suggestions, but to give him a dozen.
Here are 12 ways to make yourself valuable as a team member:
1. Be an encourager of others on the team
2. Embrace change willingly
3. Remain positive when others are negative
4. Laugh deep and smile often
5. Value other people’s opinions
6. Remain steadfast to vision and values
7. Be flexible with methods
8. Genuinely love people
9. Give more than required
10. Think critically for improvement
11. Have a servant’s heart
12. Never gossip or talk bad about another team member
What would you add to this list?