As I observe leaders, groups and churches, it seems to me (maybe it’s just because I’m getting older) that people and things are moving faster and faster.
We live in a world where we think that bigger is better (than smaller) and faster is better (than slower). Think again!
Our computers run faster, our food is served faster, we are encouraged to be faster or else be replaced by a person or a computer that is faster.
Here are a few things that need to be done slower:
- Be slow to add someone to your team
- Be slow to change your vision and direction to please some people
- Be slow to borrow money or sign for someone who does…even if they are relatives
- Be slow to take up someone’s cause without hearing the other side of the story
- Be slow to believe everything you hear or read
- Be slow to confront and correct until you’ve checked your motives and your heart
- Be slow to open your mouth and give your opinion
- Be slow to accuse someone of something
- Be slow in accusing the Lord of being unfair, unjust or uncaring
At times slower is better. Do these things slower and with His grace you will be a better leader!